Punch Robson is committed to providing a high quality legal service to all our clients. When something goes wrong, we need you to tell us about it. This will help us to improve our standards.
If you have a complaint, please contact us with details. Initially, we hope that matters can be resolved directly with the person with day-to-day conduct of your matter. However, if you consider a resolution with the file handler to be impossible, please contact our Client Services Partner, John Wilkin. Mr Wilkin is based at 34 Myton Road, Ingleby Barwick, Stockton-on-Tees, TS17 0WG. His direct e-mail address is firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you wish to make a complaint, it is often helpful for the complaint to be put in writing as it may make it easier for us to understand the nature of your complaint. However, if complaining in writing presents problems or if your complaint is of a particularly urgent nature, please contact us by telephone on 01642 754050.
If you are writing to us with a complaint, please bear in mind that it may be helpful if you are able to tell us what you believe we have done or not done which you consider was wrong and how the act or omission about which you are complaining has affected you. If you are aware of the date on which the matter complained about occurred, it can sometimes be helpful to tell us. If there is anything specific that you would like us to do in response to your complaint, again we are happy to receive your suggestions.
What will happen on receipt of your complaint:
- We will endeavour to send you a letter acknowledging your complaint within three business days of receiving it. We will enclose a copy of this procedure with that letter.
- Our Client Services Partner will investigate your complaint, review the file and speak to any relevant members of staff.
- We will endeavour to respond to your complaint fully within 14 days of acknowledging it. However, if there are any reasons that prevent us from providing you with a full response within 14 days we will write to you to tell you and give an indication of when we expect to be able to reply fully. For example, it is possible that we may need to ask you for further information to enable us to properly deal with your complaint.
- In more complex matters we may ask you to confirm in writing that we have properly understood the facts upon which your claim is based. If so, we shall endeavour to set out our understanding of the facts within 14 days of receiving your initial complaint. We will endeavour to respond to your complaint fully within 14 days of your written confirmation that the facts we have set out are correct (or alternatively within 14 days of your written corrections). If there are any reasons which prevent us from adhering to these deadlines, we will write to you and give you an indication of when we expect to be able to contact you again.
- If we consider it necessary, we will invite you to a meeting to discuss and hopefully resolve your complaint. We will endeavour to do this within 14 days of acknowledging your complaint.
- Within seven days of any meeting, we will write to you if the meeting has resolved your complaint to confirm any solution which we have agreed with you.
- If the meeting does not resolve matters, we will endeavour to write to you within 14 days of the meeting with our response to your complaint.
- If your complaint is accepted, we will write to you with our proposals to redress the issues that you have raised.
- If we reject your complaint or offer you redress and you remain unhappy, you should contact us again and we will arrange for another Partner in the firm to review our initial decision. We will then write to you again within 14 days of receipt of your request for a review, confirming our final position and explaining our reasons.
- If you are still not satisfied you can contact:-
The Legal Ombudsman, PO Box 6806, Wolverhampton, WV1 9WJ
Any complaint to the Ombudsman must be made within six months of the date of our final written response on your complaint. The Ombudsman can also be contacted on 0300 555 0333 or via email@example.com.
- If for reasons beyond our control we have to change any of the timescales above, we will endeavour to let you know in good time and explain why.