We all know that planning for the future is important, and creating a Will is a key part of that. However, in today’s busy world, planning for the future is often one of those things which is left for another day.
Our Wills and Probate team can help with:
- Will writing, amending an existing Will, estate planning, tax planning, assets review;
- Obtaining grants of Probate or letters of administration;
- Setting up lifetime trusts, tax planning, ongoing trust administration;
- Setting up charities, ongoing management and administration;
- Powers of Attorney including Lasting Powers of Attorney for property and affairs, as well as personal welfare.
- Court of Protection applications for the appointment of a Deputy. We can also act as a Deputy where no other appropriate person is available.
Our team holds a number of additional qualifications relevant to Wills and Probate and we also abide by the provisions of the STEP Code for Will Preparation in England and Wales. For more information regarding the code click here.
Our specialist Wills and Probate team has considerable experience in creating Wills which make our clients’ wishes clear. We work with all of our clients to undertake a review of assets, which enables us to discuss possible future scenarios and act accordingly. We can also advise on estate planning, setting up trusts, Inheritance Tax and Capital Gains Tax with a view to minimising liabilities and protecting your loved ones wherever possible.
In Probate matters, we can ease the pressure for those who have been bereaved and deal quickly and efficiently with the administration and – winding up of estates and trusts. You may be asked to obtain a Grant of Representation to deal with the loved one’s financial and property affairs. We can help you through this difficult process by assisting you to obtain either a Grant of Probate (where there is a validly executed Will) or a Grant of Letters of Administration (where there is no valid Will and the rules of intestacy apply).
We offer two levels of service for Probate matters, dependant on your needs, and our fees information and estimated timescales can be found here:
As a leader in mental health law for the region, our team has vast experience in mental capacity work and can offer advice on Powers of Attorney, including lasting Powers of Attorney in relation to property and affairs as well as personal welfare. We also specialise in Court of Protection work.