We are a solicitors practice with high standards, looking to recruit committed and enthusiastic individuals. We believe in getting the best results for our clients and this is at the heart of what we do. We therefore invest in our team in order to progress development and skills at all levels and welcome speculative CV’s.
We are searching for some enthusiastic recruits to join our experienced team.
Trainee legal accounts assistant
Are you an accounts assistant who is keen to develop your career as a legal cashier? Are you currently studying AAT?
We are seeking a trainee legal accounts assistant who is currently studying the AAT Level 2 qualification, ideally with 12 months accounts experience in a professional organisation.
This position will see you working in a busy legal accounts team, reporting to the Head of Accounts, working closely with the firm’s Accounts Clerk.
The role will include:
- Checking daily audit to chits
- Reconciliation of bank accounts and petty cash
- Reconciliation of client deposit accounts
- Verifying bills and allocating bill numbers
- Cover inputting cashiers for holiday and sickness
- Record travel expenses for partners and staff
- Deal with incoming and outgoing CHAPS
- Dealing with general accounts queries, responding to fee earners and support staff
- Assist with payroll and PAYE
- Assist with credit control, i.e. chasing unpaid bills
- Managing petty cash transactions and subsequent reconciliation thereof
You will need:
- A minimum of 5 GCSEs at grades A – C , including English and Maths
- To be currently studying AAT
- 12 months experience in accounts payable, possibly within a legal accounts department
- Confident communication skills with a variety of people
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Attention to detail, thorough, methodical and accurate
- A can-do attitude – enthusiasm, commitment and integrity
- A commitment to client care
- The ability to take responsibility for your own work and learning
We are the perfect size to be able to offer a wide variety of experience. Our personal approach means you will get to know all of our Partners and Managers, all of who will be committed to your training and development. You will be supported throughout completion of your AAT training, both in-house and from an allocated Training Manager from Northern Skills Group. You will receive all necessary support and training with regards to understanding the SRA rules (Solicitors’ Accounting Rules).
To apply please send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com
Closing date November 30th, 2018.
We are proud to be a teaching firm, who has worked closely with students from across the North East to help with their legal careers and progress their professional development.
If you have completed an undergraduate degree in law, or a different degree along with a conversion course such as the Common Professional Examination or Graduate Diploma in Law, and have completed the Legal Practice Course (LPC), then you could apply for one of our two trainee solicitor roles, to start in September 2019, by sending your CV and covering letter to our Operations Manager, Julie Sanderson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications close January 1st, 2019.
We hope to hear from you soon.